Thursday, March 6, 2014

Halloween 2013

I must've said this about a hundred times this year, but Halloween is way cooler when you can dress your kids up in whatever you want. Jensen decided early on that he wanted to be a shark. And let's all be honest, it was the cutest thing ever:




So then, I tried to do some Jedi mind tricks on Charlotte: "Charlotte, wouldn't it be SO FUN to be a mermaid for Halloween?!?". She agreed, I ordered her the costume (with visions of my super cute and coordinating shark and mermaid in my head), and then she refused to put it on. So it goes. What did she want to be instead? Hello Kitty. I was most alarmed by this, but what can you do? So, Hello Kitty it was...at least I had my super cute shark! Until the last-minute change of heart that coincided with his overnight obsession with...

Spider-Man!

So my shark and mermaid combo turned into Spider-Man and Hello Kitty. They were still pretty cute, and they really got into Halloween this year.

My pretty little Hello Kitty:



She does not look so excited to be standing by Spidey.







Trick or Treat, Uncle Dot!


Trick or Treat, Grandma!

Getting sleepy.

Visiting Ellison (aka Audrey Hepburn).

Hugging Audrey as she tried to eat her candy.

Cool 'stache, Uncle Dot!

One funny thing was that they were SO excited to get candy...that's all they talked about. So they filled up their baskets, and they each got to pick one piece to eat that night. By the next morning, the candy was forgotten. Totally forgotten! I ended up either eating it myself or dumping it out.

A few random pre-Halloween pics:

So excited to try on her costume for the first time. It looks good with athletic socks...

...but it looks even better with a golf club and fire helmet!



Their Halloween outfits that they wore to school featured...wait for it...Spider-Man and Hello Kitty!




No comments:

Post a Comment