Wednesday, February 28, 2018

First Graders

Once our summer travels were over, it was time to head back to school. There was a bit less anxiety this year since Charlotte and Jensen already had one year at Willie Brown under their belts. (Actually, I think all the anxiety was mine alone. I always feel it when they go back to school, and I probably always will.) Once again, I chose to put the kids in different classes. They really enjoyed having their independence in kindergarten and when I asked if they'd rather be in the same class their answer was a definite NO!

Just like in kindergarten, Charlotte was put with the teacher I really hoped she would have. She was also in class again with her friend Isabella, so she was off to a great start. On the other hand...once again, Jensen was the odd man out, with his three best friends Finn, Luke and Owen all in the same class (Charlotte's class, to make matters worse!) and him on his own. He knew a few people from last year, but nobody he was super close with. Just like last year, I hated it for him and wanted to fix it...but just like last year, he proved that not much can get him down. He has had a great first half of the year.

My BIG first graders!

Future Stage Actress


Future Miner


This year something very exciting happened...Ellison started kindergarten at Willie Brown!




No comments:

Post a Comment