Thursday, March 1, 2018

Waiting on Baby Morlock

A few posts back, I referenced a special dinner that Brian, Todd, Tiff and I had in Mexico. We thought it was a normal dinner until Todd raised his glass and made a very nervous and quite frankly nonsensical toast that we finally figured out meant that Tiffany was pregnant. I really am not sure I've ever been so surprised...I couldn't even form words for a few minutes.



And THEN they revealed that Brian and I had to keep this secret for a while...from everyone. Even my parents. It wound up being about a month of not being able to tell anyone. I had to listen to Granny speculate on when she'd have another grandchild many times without spilling the beans! Finally it was time to tell the rest of the family. We started by telling Charlotte and Jensen, who got special shirts to break the good news to Granny and Sir.



They (especially Charlotte) were very excited to get to share the news. I so wish I could post a video here, because Granny's reaction was pretty priceless. She did not close her mouth for a good five minutes.


Once the news was out, it was time to find out if Baby Morlock was a boy or a girl. I really thought boy, and so did Granny. Charlotte was firmly on Team Girl. Brittaney and I threw a reveal party so we could all find out together.




And in the craziest gender reveal ever, the confetti cannons exploded with blue, and everyone celebrated that baby Morlock would be a BOY! (Well, except Charlotte. She proceeded to have a meltdown due to the fact that she really wanted a girl cousin.) And then Brittaney, who had ordered the cannons, had to break the news that the confetti cannon people messed up and the confetti should have been PINK! We were all so confused (especially Todd and Tiffany), but Claire Catherine Morlock is indeed a girl and we are so excited to meet her!

No comments:

Post a Comment