Saturday, July 11, 2009

Over the Hill

So if my friends are starting to turn 30, what does that make me? Their much-younger friend, of course! I recently helped celebrate the 30th birthdays of two very special friends, Chris and Nick.

Chris and I have been friends since my freshman year in high school. His first date with his wife, Cristi (also a good friend), took place at my parents' house, where they watched a movie while sitting on opposite ends of the sofa...who'd have thought they'd be married today?! Anyways, I was really happy to be there to celebrate Chris' 30th birthday a couple of weeks ago, the same way he was there with me to celebrate when I turned 16 back in 1996!

Chris and me on my 16th birthday in 1996, about to take the Civic for a test drive.


Chris and me at his 30th birthday party, after taking a few tequila shots for a test drive.


Next to turn 30 was Nick, my high school boyfriend. We've been through a lot together and I'm so fortunate to have him in my life. Hey, we're living proof that the often-used breakup phrase, "We'll always be friends" is not always total b.s.!
Nick and me in 1997 at Don Pablo's (may it rest in peace).


And at a wedding in June 2009.

So happy birthday, guys! As my lovely friend Robin was shocked to realize the other day, I'm almost 29--so I will be over the hill soon also! But for now, I'm still these two guys' much-younger friend.

4 comments:

  1. Love this post!! That picture of you and Chris by the civic brings back so many memories. Oh how excited we all were when you turned 16 so you could cart us all around. I miss that little red car:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay- I'm laughing right now. Was Chris's b-day party clothing optional? Ha Ha- it looks like you two don't have anything on!! Cute pics and yes, for a short while I'll be your younger friend!!

    ReplyDelete