Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Braxy Update

I have officially become the world's worst blogger. I am not proud of myself for this, so I am going to try to be better. So let's see...what dog-related news do I have? Actually, not very much. I have a new job within the rescue group of mailing out tags and heartworm preventative to all of the foster homes, but I don't think tales of me standing in line at the Mansfield post office would make for very enthralling summer reading, and I don't have any fun pics of me licking stamps, so that would make for a somewhat dull post. Transports have also been on the slow side. I guess there are not very many dogs from my neck of the woods getting turned in to the rescue group, which is a good thing.

I still have my foster boy Brax to keep me occupied. Braxy is doing very well, and we actually had a breakthrough last week. Brax HATED the car at first and would freak out every time I had to take him somewhere. Even trips to Starbucks were no fun for Braxy. But all of a sudden, it was like a light switch went off--he realized that rides in the car are fun, and that the destination of the car ride is never going to be anywhere terrible. Now any time I open the door into the garage, he bolts to the car and tries to get in. A small triumph, but so exciting to me nonetheless.

Braxy is also chugging along through his heartworm treatment--we had a vet appointment yesterday, and he got a great report. He should be able to resume somewhat normal activity in two weeks, which means he will be ready to go to his forever home at that point. Now, we just have to FIND him his forever home!

1 comment:

  1. Marcy,
    This is Brittany, Lisa's sister in law. My husband Dustin and I have been talking recently about getting another Golden. We already have a blonde by the name of Raleigh. We would really like to possibly rescue a dog. Can you tell me a little bit about the process and also give me some stats on Braxy? My email is brittanydwinell@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete