Sunday, July 8, 2012

Happy Fourth (through Eighth) of July!

Fourth of July on a Wednesday? Since an awkwardly-placed mid-week holiday doesn't exactly set the stage for a day of all-out partying to celebrate our nation, we just hung out at home and did some swimming with our favorite two firecrackers (only one of whom has a patriotic swimsuit, so he gets the honor of being pictured below):

American boy

We grilled out that night with Todd & Tiff but called it an early night since everyone had to work the next day. On Thursday it was business as usual in the morning but a somewhat momentous afternoon...my knee doctor officially released me from using my crutches and cleared me to drive! After almost a month of relying on others for rides (and not being able to take the kids anywhere) this was very welcome news. After visiting the doctor I returned home to find my backyard in an interesting state:

Keeping it classy in the plastic pool from Wal-Mart.

At least she's wearing a diaper.

On Friday I celebrated my freedom by taking the kids on our first outing since my knee surgery. Location of choice? Target (as if you even had to ask). I had so much fun strolling the aisles with them as they enjoyed their pumpkin bread snack...it's crazy the little things you miss when they're taken away!

We spent the weekend swimming, swimming and more swimming. Saturday we joined Brian's family at the lake where Mr. Jensen was treated to his first jet ski ride!



He was very apprehensive at first but I think he ended up enjoying his ride (before every nap and bedtime since we've been home, I have been asked to "Sing about jet ski".  Have you ever heard any lullabies about jet skis? I haven't, but I sure have been making some up!). And in case you're wondering, Charlotte was NOT ABOUT to have anything to do with the jet ski. In fact, she was most disturbed that Jensen was on it and pretty much cried the entire time they were gone. Between her tears, she alternated between telling me that she was "too big to ride the jet ski" and "too little to ride the jet ski". The only thing I was clear on was that she did not want to ride the jet ski!

We didn't take too many pics but I did want to get one with all the Shelton boys since they were wearing their matching swimsuits from Tita!

Knox, Laird and Jensen

This morning Brian and I took the kids to Tita and Papaw's for a quick swim. Although we have a pool of our own, Tita and Papaw's pool has the advantage of having one of those sunbathing ledges that Charlotte very much enjoys playing on (that is, when she isn't yelling at us that she doesn't "WANT to go under the water!" Our little firecracker, indeed!).

A rare moment of peace and quiet after her swim. We sure do love this dramatic little Bug!



No comments:

Post a Comment