Monday, February 25, 2013

Catch-Up

Every time I try to get caught up, I realize how very far behind I am...and I also realize that I am probably never going to go back and do full posts about everything I've missed. So in an effort to get caught up and back to blogging about things that have happened in the (fairly) recent past, here's a rundown of the past couple months:

New Year's Eve ski trip with the Wrens and Samuels. Fun, beautiful, COLD!





Nine-year wedding anniversary. It was the day after we got home from Breckenridge, so we didn't do much...I spent the evening watching Brian have drinks with another girl:



Trains. We are obsessed.
Charlotte riding Thomas at the train show. (She's the first one in the second car.)




The return of Singleton Day. Having one child is fun, but not nearly as entertaining.


Birthday parties. Brian gives two thumbs-up to Saturday mornings at the bounce house place!


Lazy mornings with my little Cuddle Bug...

...whose favorite person in the world is still her Grandma.


Family pics. I finally got some printed onto canvas and hung in the living room.


Naps (or the continued lack thereof). I have started letting him read in bed. He usually ends up naked...

...but he's sure cute.


Girls' trip to Miami with my friends from high school. Laughed so much that my abs hurt, which can be seen as a reflection on both how much fun we had and also my lack of physical fitness.
Also I spent lots of time taking pictures like these to send to the kids.


And a final parting shot of Mr. Dude being Mr. Dude. 

So that's a very brief summary of our recent happenings. I was reading old blog posts (from way back when I was a good blogger), and was having so much fun remembering the silly little day-to-day stuff that the kids did and said that would have been forgotten forever if I hadn't blogged it. So that's what I'm going to try to get back to doing...capturing the memories as they happen, and before they've disappeared into the abyss of my doesn't-really-work-that-well-anymore mommy brain forever!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I love reading your blog updates! Keep em coming! Fun trips you have been on recently- glad you are able to get away some! And it cracks me up that J ends up naked when trying to nap. That's too cute!

    ReplyDelete