Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Writing

I couldn't wait until the kids could read. I always thought it would be so awesome watching them "get it" and learn to love books and reading. And it has been awesome...seeing Charlotte curled up in bed at night with her Junie B. Jones books makes my heart so happy.

I didn't give much thought as to what it would be like when Charlotte and Jensen learned to write...but it has been the BEST THING EVER. The way they sound out words and spell them, their handwriting, the way they are learning to express themselves, the fact that I get these tangible memories of the thoughts that come from their amazing little brains.

Here are a few of my recent favorites...

Charlotte describing something it was hard for her to do...learn to ride her bike without training wheels.



 Jensen writing in chalk on the driveway...Mr. Jensen hearts Mrs. Mama.

This one cracks me up. Charlotte was mad because Finn and Izzy ate lunch together so she wrote out her frustrations about their "love lunch".

Charlotte's dream...that it would snow in Texas every winter.

Charlotte's note to the tooth fairy.

Jensen's punctuation after writing his name on his school work.

One of my favorites. This was on his classroom wall at open house. None of the other students wrote their full name or added a Mr. in front. His sentence is pretty awesome too.

Charlotte's description of something she did over spring break.

Another favorite. Jensen recently decided he loved my bridal portrait and wanted a copy of his own. I went to get in bed one night and found this note on my nightstand asking for a picture for "my self". Then he stapled the "tomorro" on the side to make it known that he wanted the picture the next day. I could not stop laughing. 

And after a request that sweet, how could I say no? Jensen had his own picture, for "my self", ASAP. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment