Friday, April 24, 2009

Bailey's Birthday

Birthday Girl!


Our girl turned SIX yesterday! And, on a day that we celebrated the birthday of our first golden girl, I got an email about a golden at a local shelter that was scheduled for euthanasia at 10 a.m. So of course I canceled my morning plans and planted myself on the doorstep of the animal shelter 20 minutes before they opened at 10 so I could be there to pull the dog and take it to one of the rescue group's vets to get checked out. Fortunately, I was there in time and got the dog safely to the vet and he will go to his foster home soon. Unfortunately, it took forever to get all the paperwork done and I absolutely despise spending any more time in an animal shelter than is necessary. Since I have already been told by a few people that my blog has made them cry, I will leave out the details and just say that I saw more than I cared to see that day at the animal shelter. But, I went there to get the golden and I did. Moving on...

To celebrate Bay's birthday, we decided to take her out to the lake for the afternoon. Brian had to go out there anyways to get the boat, take it home, and get it all ready for summer. So off we went to Bailey's favorite place on earth, where she swam in the lake, rolled around in the grass, and went for a boat ride (her very favorite thing to do; she will go stand by the boat and cry until we take her for a ride). Here are a few pics from our birthday girl's day of fun:

No comments:

Post a Comment