Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Good, Bad & Funny

The good: Bubba is all settled in to his new home. They tell me that he's doing great, and they love having him as part of their family. The bad: I still really miss him! I'm always sad when one of our fosters gets adopted, but I usually get over it much faster...not sure what my problem is this time, but I cannot get over how strange the house feels without him here. Hopefully I'll cheer up soon. And now, the funny: Bailey does NOT miss Bubba. Not at all. She has been so thrilled to be an "only dog" again; it really makes me realize how good she is to put up with all these foster dogs coming and going from her house. She shares her toys and food, and she accepts that Brian and I are going to have to give the foster dogs a LOT of attention.

So, we decided Bailey deserved a little trip to PetSmart to pick out a new toy. My mom thinks it's funny that I say that Bailey picks out her own toys, but it's true. We go to the store and hold up two toys. She picks the one she likes. We repeat the process until she seems to have picked a clear winner. On this shopping trip, she picked a toy in record time and would not put it down--she was quite pleased with herself. She even tried to jump up onto the conveyor belt when Brian took it from her so the cashier could ring us up. It was pretty darn funny. Here are some pictures of Bailey's shopping trip. (And yes, I realize we are huge nerds for taking pictures of our dog picking out a new toy. We're okay with that.)

"Yes, this is the one. I'll take it."



"No need for carryout. I have this under control!"


"You guys drive. I'll sit back here with my toy."


"Shopping takes a lot out of a girl."

In non-dog-related news, we got to spend Easter with Brian's family, including our nieces and nephew...and we found out that Brian's sister Kari is having a boy, so we will soon have two nieces and two nephews. Very exciting!



This is our brand-new niece, Haven Grace. We hadn't seen her since she was born six weeks ago and it was great to see how beautiful and BIG she is already!









No comments:

Post a Comment