Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Bailey and Her Babies

Some people say that dogs can "sense" when you're pregnant. I'm not sure whether that's the case, but Bailey can definitely sense that there's something going on with me. She's been able to sense it since long before you could actually see any changes, and long before there was any chance of her feeling or seeing any movement from the babies. She's been clingy, and more protective than normal, and the other night she did something really sweet: I was not feeling well after being on my feet for way too long that day, and she seemed to realize it. She crawled up next to me really carefully, and laid her head on my chest and just kept an eye on me for the rest of the evening.

Bailey has a nightly routine of hopping up on the couch to sit beside me every evening after dinner when Brian and I are hanging out watching our TV shows. She puts her head in my lap, I pet her, and she eats up the attention. But since I've been pregnant, she her routine has gone from resting her head in my lap to draping her entire body in my lap. This is no easy feat since she weighs 70-something pounds, but it's like she can't seem to get close enough.



Hanging out on my lap.



My view of all three of my babies!

My mom thinks that maybe she can hear the babies' heartbeats...but I'm not so sure. I think she may be making an attempt to remain the only child by smothering them while they're still inside me!

Anyways, here are a few random pregnancy facts for you:

Number of weeks pregnant I actually am: 24
Number of weeks pregnant I measured at the doctor's office yesterday: 32 (Yes, I'm enormous!)
Number of times I have made Brian take me to lunch at the Rose Garden
  Tea Room the past 7 days: 2
Number of people younger than us at the Rose Garden Tea Room in our two visits combined: 0

What can I say, I've had quite the craving for their Rose Garden Sampler. And surprisingly, Brian doesn't hate it there...he actually said their tuna salad sandwich is the best one he's ever had. I think we will be lunching with the retired ladies many more times in the next few months!

3 comments:

  1. Okay- I LOVE the rose garden tea room. When I was pregnant with Addyson I made a vow that I wanted to eat there once a week. That didn't exactly happen, but it wasn't because I wasn't craving it!! Ha- that's funny. I drag Ryan there and he orders the "garden munchkins". I always laugh when he orderes it because it sounds so funny! They are potato skins filled with hamburger meat or something- so it is a guy thing to order with a very girly name!! Maybe we can meet over there one day- it sounds really yummy!

    Cute pics of Bailey also- she probably does sense something is going on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My golden girl Macy did the EXACT same thing when I was pregnant with Macy! I swear she knew something strange was going on! Now she is fantastic with Avery and they love on each other all day long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bailey is so sweet! What a precious dog and you know it takes a lot for me (being a not crazy about dogs person) to say that!

    ReplyDelete