Thursday, April 19, 2012

Happy Easter

Well, our unhealthiness is continuing around here this week, as Charlotte and Jensen have both come down with some kind of mystery virus our pediatrician says is going around...high fevers and feeling yucky, but fortunately no other symptoms. With their birthday being TWO DAYS away, we are concentrating on doing lots of resting and working on getting healthy! I realized tonight that I never posted about our Easter adventures, so here we go...

Easter celebration number one took place at the stinkers' school. I may have mentioned this a time or three, but I love their school and the people there. As I was filling Easter eggs the night before, Brian asked what I was doing. I told him I was going to the kids' Easter egg hunt at school the next day. He of course wanted to come too, so we both showed up at school that day to watch the kids hunt eggs. They were both excited to see us there, but Charlotte was especially pleased! She was such a happy Bug that day!

Charlie was the first out of the buggy to run toward us.

Happy girl.

"Check out my bucket!"

Silly Bug.

"We get to eat these, right?"


"Look, Daddy! I got one!"

So proud.

Pretty girl.



This next one is funny. We attempted to put all the kids together for a group shot, and I was too busy taking pics to notice, but Brian pointed out later that Jensen had been really upset because someone plopped him down and then plopped his bucket of eggs down in front of the little boy in front of him. So you can see the little boy in front of Jensen checking out two buckets of eggs while Jensen is obviously displeased. Poor little dude.


After the egg hunt, the kids all sat down to a picnic of muffins, donut holes, and fruit. I love being able to be a part of all the kids' school activities.

Our second Easter celebration took place at Tita and Papaw's house. They recently moved into their new place so we broke it in with an Easter egg hunt in the back yard. We were so blessed to be able to spend the day with not only both sets of our parents and all our siblings, but all of Brian's grandparents as well.


Charlotte checking out Knox's loot.

J getting a pep talk from Daddy.

Getting the hang of it! Look at all those eggs!

All was going well until little Haven exclaimed, "Snake!" Sure enough we had an uninvited guest...a baby copperhead snake!


Uncle Dot and Uncle Roger to the rescue!

One dead snake later and we were ready for a group shot of the Shelton grandkids:

All the kiddos!

Silly girl got sprayed with the pool sweeper...fortunately she thought it was funny!

Mouth full of candy.


1 comment:

  1. I hope your little bugs get better before Saturday!! I really hate that as I know how special birthdays are and you just want it to be the most perfect day for their sake. Addyson had "the virus" and her fever got up to 104! Yikes! But thats all it really was- just fever and really tired and some achiness. Ben never got it though- thank goodness, knock on wood!!

    Glad you also like the kids school- I really liked it when we were there too!! Hope to find a good one up in KC!

    ReplyDelete