Monday, September 17, 2012

The First Day of School

The kiddos have been back in school for almost two weeks now (clearly I am a bit behind on blogging). The first day went amazing! I am so proud of my little stinkers!

And now for the required first day of school pictures:















They were very excited to go to school. I think having them go back there over the summer (even though it wasn't on a regular basis) really helped. They have a very sweet teacher whom they seem to like a lot. Last year there were four kids in their class (so they were half the class!) and this year there are ten! A huge difference. There is a teacher's helper so it's a 5:1 ratio of kids to teachers, but the classroom is just so much bigger, and I don't know, they just seem so much old older walking into it.

Or should I say running into it...because that's what they did on the first day. They ran right into school, right down the hall, and right into their classroom. Leaving me to trail behind them, take pictures, and feel just a wee bit sad at their independence.



If you look at the very back of the pic, you can see Charlotte's arm. 

I can't forget to mention the change in Charlotte from last year. It is absolutely unbelievable how far she has come...she pretty much has zero separation anxiety and is thrilled to go to school every day. (Happily for me, she's also thrilled when I pick her up in the afternoons!) Her teacher could not believe it when I told her that Charlotte used to be very afraid of being separated from me. She says Charlotte is happy all day long and a true joy to have in class.

At any rate, that was their first day. I left them happily playing in their class and walked to my car feeling so proud of how great they did and just the tiniest bit insulted that they weren't a bit more upset when mommy left. But to focus on the positive, I am so happy that they love their school and we are looking forward to another fun year!

No comments:

Post a Comment