Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Notes from School

Now that school's been in session for a couple of weeks, the kiddos are definitely getting in to a routine. They both LOVE school and their teachers and although I still miss their little class from last year, I am really happy with the way things are going this year as well. Their teachers send reports home each day with little notes on what they did and how the kiddos behaved. I am always so excited to read about their day at school that I often read the reports in the school parking lot!

And every time I read the notes, I'm reminded of my two incredibly different children. Here are their notes from the first day of school:


And Jensen:


 As you may remember, Jensen naps about once a week. I'm told that Brian gave up naps at a very early age and it looks like Jensen is taking after his dad. (For the record, I think this should be something that's discussed at premarital counseling. Ladies, if there's a chance your kid might inherit some non-napping tendencies, you may choose to rethink things a bit.) I like how his teacher tried to word it really sweetly: "we" had a "little" trouble at nap time! And I think "energetic" is probably teacher-speak for "wild"! Haha! The next day's notes were similar.

Charlotte:



And Jensen:



So now "we" have progressed from having "a little trouble" to just plain "trouble". Great. Unfortunately, our trouble was about to get bigger:


In case you can't read it, it says that Jensen needed help "keeping sweet hands and not scratching and pinching our friends". Yikes. I was so horrified when I read that! I am under no impressions that he is an angel, but he really has never pinched or scratched at home. He's hit Charlotte a couple times and pushed her out of his way on occasion, but no scratching or pinching. His teacher did tell me that she thought he did it out of excitement rather than just being mean, so I guess that's good?? Needless to say we have had several talks about this at home and to his credit it hasn't yet happened again. I think his teacher knew how worried I was about it because Jensen's latest notes have reported him being very sweet to his friends and have come complete with little smiley faces. Still no naps, but no use of the word "trouble" either, so I'm going to take that as an improvement!

1 comment:

  1. This made me laugh out loud!! Love it! Love the progression of J's notes!

    ReplyDelete