Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Touching Trucks

We went to a fun little even a couple weeks ago called "Touch-A-Truck".  A private school in Fort Worth puts it on as a canned-food drive and they go all out getting all kinds of different cars and trucks to show up for the kiddos to see, touch, drive, etc. The only problem (for us) is that it was from 1 to 4 p.m....naptime! I was determined to take C&J anyways, so I made the executive decision that they'd be fine without their naps and we headed out to touch some trucks.

You will note in the pics below that Charlotte did not agree with my "my kids don't need naps" decision. There are no pics of her because she was in my arms the entire time and I was holding the camera. She not only did not want to touch any trucks, she did not even want to be near any trucks. (There was also a DJ playing music, which Charlotte deemed "too loud", so that was part of her problem too.) She wanted mommy to carry her around the entire time. It was good times. Jensen, however, enjoyed himself and even got behind the wheel of a few of the vehicles.

Driving the big rig. Don't all truck drivers eat suckers while driving?
 




"The doors on the bus go open and shut, open and shut, open and shut..."

And this is what Charlie Bug did on the way home...slept. But she retained her scowl even while asleep, lest we forget she was irritated by all the truck nonsense.


Not too sure what I'm going to do with this girl and her two-year-old attitude!

2 comments:

  1. Ben would have loved that!! There was an event similar to that here a few weeks ago but it was during Addyson's soccer game. I kind of wish that I had sent Ryan and Ben to the truck event and I could have taken Addyson. Oh well, there's always next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful event Marcy...sorry you only had 50% participation

    ReplyDelete