Monday, October 1, 2012

"The Old Us"

I recently turned the big 3-2 and, to celebrate, Brian and I took a little trip to Mexico. Four days of sleeping in, lounging around, drinking fruity cocktails, being waited on at every meal, and did I mention sleeping in? And lounging around? I read three books (that had nothing to do with raising children) and did not wipe a single snotty nose or change a single diaper. Brian and I had so much fun just relaxing, chatting, and being, as Brian said, "the old us".  Of course, as heavenly as our vacation was, it was also heavenly to get back to our little stinkers. Their smiles when we walked in the door were priceless. We were so ready to get home to them.

Here are some pics of the vaca:



Our little terrace.

Not a bad view.

Brian taking a dip. 


The Grasshopper Martini. Tasted like a mint chocolate chip milkshake. I wish I had one right now!

What I did on my birthday.

Hotel grounds.

Birthday dinner.

On our last morning there. Ready to head home!

3 comments:

  1. What a great trip! What resort was it? Looks like fun- glad you could get away for a few days! Vacations are priceless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice. So glad you had a good birthday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She never answers questions in here.

    ReplyDelete