Sunday, March 14, 2010

Last Shower!

Last weekend we had our co-ed shower for the twins, thrown by my awesome friends from college (who would be even more awesome if they would all move from Houston to the Dallas-Fort Worth area, but that's another story!). Of course, when inviting boys to a baby shower you have to expect some resistance...and we did get a little whining (you know who you are!). But I think that once the boys figured out that they basically got to hang out, drink beer and sangria, and eat Freebirds burritos, they forgave me for making them participate in what's traditionally a "girl thing." But seriously, Brian and I were really touched by everyone who came to help us celebrate...we are very blessed to have the support of such wonderful friends and family members. I was going to hold off on posting this because I am still waiting on certain people (again, you know who you are!) to send me their pics, but here are just a few.

The hostesses and me: Jill, Whit, Christina, me, Kim, Kile. Nothing boosts your self-esteem when you're the size of a Buick like posing with your gorgeous friends!

Me and my babies' daddy!

A good shot of the loot and the cute little outfits. And Kile diligently recording who brought what.

 I like this picture because it looks like we are having a very serious discussion over these bottles. I also like it because the bottles are from Jonathan, and I like to picture him wandering around Babies R Us picking them out!

Our Double Snap-n-Go stroller! Thanks, Uncle Todd!

 
 Everyone was very serious while playing the "match the celebrity with their twins" game.

It was a great night, and we now have pretty much everything we need for the babies. I am 31.5 weeks and counting, and we spent a lot of time this weekend working on the nursery. I love how it's turning out and will post pics soon!
 

1 comment:

  1. I am so sad to have missed your shower! Looks like lots of fun though!! Are those cake balls on the table? YUMMY!! And you look GREAT- you have 2 sweet babies inside of you!! I want to come and see you sometime and see the nursery, bring you your present, etc. You can practice changing diapers on Ben!! :)

    ReplyDelete