Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Noses are Red, Charlie is Blue...

Well, the most exciting part of our Valentine's Day occurred this afternoon when my poor little Bug tripped and fell in the backyard. Unfortunately she landed on her nose on the (metal) base of our hammock. A little bit of blood and a lot of screaming later, I could see that she had landed on her nose...I think she is going to wake up with a bit of a bruise tomorrow! Fortunately she's a tough little cookie so she resumed playtime after just a few minutes of snuggles.

I'm a slacker mom this year and didn't even get my kiddos Valentine's outfits or gifts (aside from the gifts I gave their little pals at class, which they got also). I blame my slacker-ness on the fact that we've had three doctors appointments in the past two weeks and the most recent one revealed that Jensen's ear infection had turned into a ruptured eardrum. So we have been a bit preoccupied! Fortunately for me, the kiddos were spoiled by their grandparents. And I did remember to dress them in red!

My sweet boy.

And my sweet girl...still a happy Bug even after her little accident.


I think the highlight of the day for the kiddos was receiving Grandma's gift...some Elmo books and their very own broom and mop! Fun stuff!



The stinkers decided that for their post-nap snack they absolutely HAD to have corn. Then they decided to go ahead and dump out the corn onto the living room floor so they could sweep it up with their new broom. It went well.


All in all, it was a fun day with Charlotte and Jensen. I am not much of a Valentine's person, but I am looking forward to celebrating the day with the stinkers when they get just a bit older...they make me pretty happy, especially when I get smiles like this:

1 comment:

  1. Oh your twinkies are SO adorable! I have a twin sister...we are 30 years old now! Gulp! But I always love seeing twins...it melts my heart!

    ReplyDelete