Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

Brian celebrated his 31st birthday about a week after Charlotte and Jensen turned two. Charlotte was very excited to sing Happy Birthday to Daddy (actually, two weeks later she will randomly look at him and start singing it) and Jensen enjoyed telling him Happy Birthday in his own Jensen language (which sounds a bit like, "Chugga choo-choo, Daddy!"). I got Brian's gift several months ago on Groupon (gotta love a bargain!) because I knew he would love it. It's a half-day driving lesson at a local race track...I am going to have to remind him not to go too fast...no accidents, please!

I took Charlotte and Jensen to meet Brian and his mom for a birthday lunch at Spring Creek, where they pretty much ate their weight in macaroni and cheese and Blue Bell ice cream.  That afternoon, I had planned for Charlotte and Jensen to help me make their Daddy's birthday cake (aka blueberry cobbler, his fave) but Jensen (perhaps in a sugar coma) decided to take a verrrry long nap. Fortunately Charlie was up and ready to be my little helper. First she signed his card...



Then I tried to get her to smile for the camera...

Didn't go so well.

Then we got to work on the cobbler! Charlotte loved to help stir.




Then the clothes came off. I would like to say that she was getting messy so I took off her dress, but the reality is that my little tomboy just kept saying, "Dress off!" until I obliged.






When Brother woke up, he joined in the fun too!


Trouble. Just pure trouble.

It was a pretty low-key birthday (I guess most 31st birthdays probably are!) but we had fun celebrating as a little family of four. I am so happy that C & J are at the age where they can "help" me make cards and cakes...it's so much fun to do things with them, even if a huge mess is made in the process. And it was so cool to hear them say (and sing) "Happy Birthday" to their Daddy. I am excited for the day that they realize how blessed they are to have the best dad anyone could ever ask for. Happy Birthday, Daddy!


1 comment:

  1. wonderful pictures Marcy...my fav is the last one with Jensen cutting his eyes to the right. I also love that fakey smile of Charlotte's.

    ReplyDelete