Thursday, December 20, 2012

Hey, Santa!

A few weekends ago, Charlotte and Jensen had the pleasure horror of visiting Santa twice in one weekend. Remember how I said I was excited to experience the sights and sounds of the Christmas season through Charlotte and Jensen's eyes? Well that doesn't pertain to Santa visits. I don't need to see him through their eyes to know that Santa is one frightening dude.

Visit number one was on a Saturday morning when we attended my moms of multiples group's Breakfast with Santa. I had to assure Charlotte that Santa would NOT be in the same room as the breakfast; he would be in a separate room and she didn't have to go visit with him if she didn't want to. I did hold out the slightest of hopes that she would change her mind and want to go check him out once we got there, but no such luck. Jensen decided he wanted to go check him out, but he emphatically declined to sit on Santa's lap and this is as close as we got:

Notice the death grip on my shirt.

Charlotte and Daddy stayed in the safety of the breakfast room. 

Some pics from when we got home...these are their newest "cheese" faces:


Santa visit number two took place the very next day. We have started a tradition (this being our second year) of doing the Santa brunch at the country club with the Wren family. This year Grandma and Auntie Tammy were in full-on stalker mode and just "happened" to make reservations at the same time as us, so we all wound up eating together, which of course made Charlotte very happy. Again, neither kid wanted to go near Santa. I'm as big a fan as anyone of the kid-screaming-on-Santa's-lap pictures, but I really feel like Charlotte is WAY too anxious for me to do that to her. I truly think it might scar her for life, so I don't push the issue with either of my kids.



Family pic minus Charlie.

Holding on to mom for dear life, take two.

We tried to distract her with a cookie. As you can see, it didn't work. She knows Santa is nearby!

Ellison was skeptical...

...no, make that terrified!

Running around outside is WAY more fun than visiting Santa.

The gang.

So I think that just about does it for this year's Santa visits. No picture with the big guy this year, but that's okay...there's always the Easter bunny!


No comments:

Post a Comment