Thursday, June 8, 2017

All the Spring Things

We had a busy and FUN spring. I'm not sure if it's the kids being in elementary school, or the kids getting older, or ME getting older, but time just seems to keep moving faster and faster. Here are a few highlights of our Spring 2017...

Charlotte lost her top front teeth! They were loose FOREVER, but I wasn't too concerned until I looked at her one day and saw this...


Yikes! Fortunately Grandfather volunteered to pull the top two baby teeth so that the big adult teeth would have room. He came over one afternoon, laid Charlotte down on the kitchen counter, and out they came. It was a bit traumatic for all involved. But she recovered just in time to attend that evening's Sweetheart Dance at her school.

She was really self-conscious of her smile that night but she and Daddy had a great time and looked quite fancy! (Jensen declined to attend the dance with Mommy.)


They did at least hang out with me at Muffins with Mom at their school. Poor Jensen had scraped his face on Tita and Papaw's pool the previous weekend.

I accompanied the kids on their field trip to Legoland. I thought it would be a great idea for their teachers to place Charlotte and Jensen in a group together so I could chaperone both of them. Mistake. Both kids pouted about not being in groups with their friends. I'm not sure how I'll handle the next field trip, but it won't be like this.

Grandma and Grandpa got a cat, Ellie. Jensen is thrilled with this new addition and LOVES the cat. The cat does not reciprocate his feelings.

Charlotte and Jensen both made Valentine's boxes to take to school. And when I say they made them, I mean I made them. They supervised halfheartedly.

Easter 2017. Charlotte spent the previous week sick with a tummy bug, and quite a vicious one at that. Easter started out okay with the kids finding baskets and eggs both inside and out (and at Grandma's, too!).

We drove to Dallas for brunch with Brian's family. Jensen made it about halfway through before we had to leave because he felt so sick. You can kind of tell in the below picture that he's not feeling so hot. Thank goodness he made it home from Dallas before getting VERY ill. He hadn't had a tummy bug since he was about a year old, so it was very sad.

The kids put on their first elementary school program...actually, Jensen was still under the weather, so Charlotte represented the Shelton twins. Jensen was actually fine with missing it...he does not enjoy being on stage. Charlotte is a different story and loved every minute of it (and looked quite pretty too).


We hadn't had bluebonnet pictures done in a few years, so we did it this year. One of these years we'll actually do pictures with all four of us!







Our next-door neighbor Mika turned 40 and celebrated with an adults-only long weekend in Mexico.



Ughhh, the year of sickness continued! I was at a PTA meeting one night when Brian texted me that Charlotte had spiked a 104.8 temperature and the urgent care told him to take her to the emergency room. We spent a lovely (not really) evening at Cook's only to discover that it was just a random virus. This poor girl has seriously dealt with a lot this year. I am praying that next year is healthier.



Our first elementary school field day! I wasn't really sure what to expect here, but let's just say field day is not like it was in the 80s. There were very few events with actual winners, and I counted 11 bounce houses. The kids had a blast but I must admit I was not sad when that long, hot day was over!




This just made me laugh. Jensen's latest career aspiration...

I had such a nice Mother's Day this year. Honestly after so many holidays were impacted by sickness this year, I was dreading the same thing happening on Mother's Day. So just to have all of us together and healthy was so great. We didn't do anything extraordinary, but I wouldn't have changed anything about it.




And is there anything better than homemade mugs?

On Memorial Day, we headed out of town with three of my best friends from College and their families. We had a total of ten kids and stayed in four cabins outside Fredericksburg. It was a little crazy but the kids had a blast.




And after that weekend we returned home and back to school for three more days before starting our summer fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment