Monday, October 26, 2009

Mansfield Music Fest

Last weekend, my little hometown put on a music festival with bands, beer, wine and lots of food...so we bundled up, grabbed some lawn chairs, and headed to check it out. After all, it's not every day that Mansfield has something like this (plus, it was free!). I think the highlight ended up being the food. A ton of local restaurants, including Houlihan's, Suzushi (I passed on this--sushi brought in in coolers seemed a bit suspicious to me), Black Fin, Palio's, Oliver's, and even The Keg set up booths and sold food, and nothing was priced over $2.00.

The headliner was Delbert McClinton--apparently he was big in our parents' day. I was not familiar with him, but Brian's dad loves him so Brian grew up listening to his music. My appreciation of him grew when I found out that he wrote, recorded and won a Grammy for the song "Have a Little Faith in Me"--I love that song!

Tiff samples the wine.

It got a little chilly!


Thanks, chauffeur Tommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment