Thursday, February 4, 2010

First Shower!

We had our first baby shower last Saturday, hosted by my sisters-in-law and a few of my mom's friends. I tell you, it was kind of a surreal experience getting a baby shower invitation in the mail with MY name on it...it made everything suddenly seem so real! It was such a nice shower and we got SO many nice things for the babies...we are really blessed to have such caring friends and family.

 
The lovely hostesses and delicious food! The cake is from a place called "Nothing Bundt Cakes." Haha, get it?? It was delicious...I kind of wanted to claim the entire top layer (red velvet with chocolate chunks), grab a fork, and let the rest of the guests share the bottom layer. But I restrained myself.

 
My sisters-in-law and me. Between them, they have four kids ages four and under, so as you can imagine, they are a quite the wealth of knowledge about baby stuff. I call and bug them all the time with questions!

 
Opening some cute little stuffed animals. I am soooo not a fan of opening gifts in front of people, so I feel like I rushed through the gifts at record pace. It was really nice to get home and really look at everything. I cannot believe how tiny the clothes are...especially the socks! 

Almost every day since the shower has brought a UPS delivery of something from our registry. It is so much fun seeing a big package on our doorstep and opening it to see what's inside...and Bailey enjoys it as well!


 
Let's hope this is the first and last time she decides to investigate the Diaper Champ!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment