Saturday, June 9, 2012

Bed Rest, Vol. 2

I had my knee surgery Thursday. Everything went well except that the doctor found a lot of damaged cartilage to fix, which will require me being on crutches for three weeks rather than the anticipated one week. I have been busy watching reruns on TV, surfing the web, and being waited on by my poor husband. Kinda like bed rest...except said husband is also trying to deal with two unruly two-year-olds! Poor guy.

The kids came in the bedroom a couple hours after I got home.  Charlotte was very wary of my huge leg brace and didn't get too close, but Jensen was both intrigued and I think also a bit sympathetic. He climbed right up in bed with me and began shoving tortilla chips in my mouth (I guess he thought I needed help eating?).


On Friday and so far today, both kids were happy to come in the room and hang with me. We've read books and looked at pictures on my phone and they have been reminded to be careful around "Mommy's big boo-boo" several times. My mom (who has been an enormous help, as always) and Brian took the kiddos swimming yesterday afternoon and I planted myself in a patio chair and watched. I went back to the doctor so he could change the dressing on my knee and he was really pleased with how well I'm doing and I have to say, so am I. I'm even going to try to head out to a wedding this evening so we shall see how that goes! 

1 comment:

  1. I got a little bit behind (without internet for a week)...but I am caught up. Loved the toenail painting stories

    ReplyDelete