Monday, June 11, 2012

Tales from a Bedridden Mommy

Going on day five of post-surgery...boredom and mommy-guilt are setting in hard. Brian and I decided that I'm living the life of many rich and famous moms: someone else does the hard stuff, and my only duty is playing with the kiddos once they're bathed, fed, dressed, etc. Doesn't sound like too bad a gig, but in reality it's hard watching someone else take care of your kids. Especially when that person (aka my mom) is really good at it. The kids are having a blast hangin' with Grandma and if I'm being perfectly honest I'm feeling a bit useless and sorry for myself.

Anyways, enough with the pity party...here are a few pics of the past few days.

On Saturday, I ventured out to the wedding of Brian's cousin Kate and her new husband Codi. I just love this sweet girl and could not miss seeing her say 'I do'! It was a beautiful ceremony and I wish we could have stayed for the reception, but my bed and ice pack were beckoning from home.


Jensen, my little mama's boy, hasn't left my side too often. This pic is blurry but he is eating chips in bed. (And feeding them to me. And putting half-eaten chips back in the bag.)


Yesterday, Brian and I went to a cookout to say "See you soon" (NOT "goodbye"!) to Lisa and Ryan, who are moving to Kansas City. Kim, Lisa and I were roomies in college...we have many pics of the three of us, but here is one from yesterday. One of us on crutches, one of us holding a wet diaper behind her back, and all of us listening to the shrieking of multiple children in the background. Times have changed since our college days!


Also yesterday, I painted my nails. I have no idea why I ever think this is a good idea because I'm absolutely terrible at it, but I guess being bedridden makes you do foolish things. Like adding a glittery accent nail to your botched manicure. Why not?


Oh hey, look! I have done some tough parenting tasks lately. Here I am clipping Jensen's fingernails. (Yes, in bed. Between that and the tortilla chips, our bed is pretty crunchy.)


That's all the news for now. I'm sure I'll have another riveting update in the next few days!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're doing well. I know it's got to be hard but girl- I say TAKE ADVANTAGE!!!

    ReplyDelete