Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Just Like I Always Imagined!

I have been dying to paint Charlotte's little toenails. So a few weeks ago, when she noticed that "Mommy's toenails are blue!", I asked if she would like blue toenails, too. She said no...she wanted "green toenails!". I excitedly ran off to grab the closest I could find to green nail polish, hurried back, and removed Charlie's shoes. As I was unscrewing the lid to the nail polish, Charlotte thought twice about having her toenails painted and began shouting, "NO! NO! Shoes back on! Shoes back on!". I tried and tried to convince her that it does not hurt to get your toenails painted but she was having none of it. I was about to admit defeat when I glanced over at Jensen to find him pointing excitedly at his own little toes.

Result?

Color: Essie's Turquoise and Caicos  
Jensen is most pleased with his pedicure and likes to show people his pretty toesies. As for Charlotte, well, she never could be convinced to let me paint her toenails. My brother came over the next day and, for some reason, he became as obsessed as I was with getting her to let us paint them. He even took off his sneakers and let Charlotte paint one of his toenails (fortunately for you, I didn't take pictures) in hopes that she would then let him paint hers. Nope. I totally snuck up behind her while she was standing in her learning tower and painted her big toe, but that's as far as I got. Oh well...at least I have one kiddo (and one brother!) with bright summer toes!

2 comments:

  1. Love a little boy with painted toes!! Jake has flowers on his toes right now:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha isn't that the way it goes?? We should find houses near each other. =) I would LOVE to sit outside and visit with you and see sweet J & C all the time!!!

    ReplyDelete