Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Big Day for Mr. J!


Our little Mr. Jensen had a big day today. It began as any ordinary Sunday does...with Mom dressing him in silly outfits:


Jensen started his day in this lovely terry cloth ensemble that features a hoodie and an embroidered fishing scene. I thought it was cute and that Uncle Todd, being a fisherman himself, would like it. It turns out I was wrong...he thought it was pretty much the nerdiest thing ever. That is, until...

I found this little pirate outfit among the hand-me-downs from Charlotte and Jensen's cousins! I had to change him into it to continue the day's nautical theme. And of course I had to text Uncle Todd pictures of his favorite lil' swashbuckling nephew. Jensen was not too thrilled with playing dress-up (or posing for pictures):




But Jensen's day was about to get more exciting. One thing to know about my little man is that he hates tummy time. Hates it. Tummy time turns him from a sweet, patient, easy-going baby into one that throws all-out, kicking-and-screaming temper tantrums. But today, Jensen figured out how to put an end to tummy time...roll over onto your back! That's right, today was Jensen's first time to roll over. Of course I wasn't lucky enough to be videotaping it, and although I grabbed the Flip camera and tried to make him do it again, he wouldn't. But I did snap a picture of him right after he rolled onto his back:


Brian and I were pretty excited, but Jensen did not quite understand what all the fuss was about. In fact, he looks downright suspicious...or maybe he was just afraid I was going to come at him with another silly outfit. But he got to spend the rest of his day in his favorite outfit--his diaper and nothing else (actually, he prefers wearing nothing at all. But I prefer not getting peed on.). Anyways, it was an exciting day here at our house and Jensen seemed worn out from all the excitement, because he drifted off to sleep even easier than normal...a perfect end to a big day for our little man!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how much they change from day to day. Its going tooo fast.

    ReplyDelete