Tuesday, August 10, 2010

G.N.O.

(Girls' Night Out!)
Cheers!


When four friends who haven't seen each other in months get together, what do you get? Hugs, stories, laughter, tears, drinks, more laughter, and more drinks. Oh, and sprinkle in a random stalker-type dude at Fireside Pies and you've got yourself a party!

Two weekends ago, Jill and Christina made the trip from Houston to come and visit Kim and I and meet Charlotte and Jensen. They had been planning the trip for a month or so and had ironed out all the details except for one minor thing...they forgot to tell me they were coming! Apparently, everyone thought someone else had filled me in...um, nope! Luckily for me, Kim filled me in on their plans...fortunately, I rarely have plans of my own these days, so I was free and soooo ready to see my pals! We had so much fun hanging out, talking, and catching up. And I'm so glad they finally got a chance to meet Charlotte and Jensen.

Jensen wore his special "Hello Ladies" onesie for the occasion. You'd think he'd look a little happier considering the company he's in...


Charlotte was unfortunately on Day 2 of her bladder infection so she was a bit grumpy. Christina bravely tried to feed her anyways.


Jill had a bit easier time with Jensen.

Noah tried desperately to get Jensen to play. Someday, Noah. Someday.

The gang! Jensen is hiding in his play yard and poor sick Charlie is looking a little worn out.

After dinner drinks at a fun place in Grapevine. Do we look like cougars or what, Levi??

Having babies definitely gives you a deeper appreciation for the times that you actually get to go out and get together with your friends. Not to get too sappy, but I am truly blessed to have friends like these girls. We can talk about anything and there's no bickering, no cattiness, no judgment, no fights, no drama. And the best part of our visit was that we were able to confer via text with Whitney (who unfortunately could not make it into town) and plan our 3rd Annual Girls' Trip for September in Austin! Look out, Austin...here we come!

3 comments:

  1. Ha! Next time will will ALL call and tell you we are coming. It was so good to see you and the babies. They are just a precious as I knew they would be. And yes, we are truly blessed to have each other. I can't wait for September!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good times! It was so great to see you and meet Charlotte and Jensen. Next time we'll get pictures of them smiling when I hold them:) Can't wait until September! I love my girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You girls look beautiful! I'd love to try to meet up with y'all the next time you get together! :)

    ReplyDelete