Sunday, March 6, 2011

Celebrate

We had a fun weekend of celebrating some of our favorite people! On Saturday evening, my parents babysat Charlotte and Jensen so that Brian and I could attend the birthday party of one of my very best friends...

Hmmm...the pic is quite blurry because I copied and pasted from facebook. Not sure what I did wrong there, but I of course did not have my enormous camera with me, so I will have to get someone else's pictures and post a better one later! Sorry you're blurry, Kim! 
We ate, drank, and listened to live music at a place in downtown Grapevine. The company and conversation were good, but the people-watching was even better...let's just say there are lots of cougars on the prowl in Grapevine these days! Anyways, Kim was my roommate for three years in college, so we've celebrated lots of birthdays together since those days...and I was very happy to be there to help wish her a Happy 30th!

Sunday morning came too soon, and we hung around the house until it was time for an afternoon of fun at the Wrens' house. Chris and Cristi had bravely invited us, the Engelsons, the Samuels, and the Hugheys (along with all our children) over for lunch. It turned out to be a gorgeous day outside, so we spent some time in the backyard. Charlotte and Jensen were up to their usual antics...


Jensen was a man on the move...and he may or may not have eaten his weight in grass and leaves.

Charlotte danced and pointed.
 And they enjoyed spending time with their friends...

Busy little Jake! I can't believe he's almost two!

Silly Cailyn...she shared Jensen's love of dirt!   

Jensen and Jake...these two get along great! After we went inside, Jake chased Jensen around and tackled him...much to Jensen's delight, of course!  

Trying to get a group pic (minus the Samuel kiddos, who had already headed home).

Take two: Charlotte, Jensen, Jake, Drew and baby Caroline!


Chris holding Russell and Michelle's new addition, week-old Caroline! He looks pretty good holding a newborn, huh?
It was a fun, low-key afternoon of chasing our kiddos around...until I was presented with a gift. At first glance, it appears to be an ordinary gift bag:






But what was inside? It turns out, it wasn't a gift at all. It was just Cristi returning some items I had lent her a few months ago...


Because, as it turns out, she doesn't need them anymore!!! 

That's right, Cristi told us today that she's pregnant! Robin, Michelle and I all had our sneaking suspicions that we might get such an announcement today, and we were thrilled that we turned out to be right. The mood quickly became celebratory, and the conversation turned to morning sickness, bloating (things I remember all too well) and baby names. Chris and Cristi have always been so sweet to and good with their friends' kids, and we are all so happy for them that it's their turn to have one of their own! Congrats, you guys...we can't wait to meet the newest Wren!

4 comments:

  1. Ditto.. I cannot wait to meet baby wren!!!! So exciting!!!! And I have to get Jake over to see jenson again before we leave. He loves him!!! Seriously, they have so much fun together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this post! Got to see all the babes, PLUS russells newest little sweetie pie, PLUS hear amazing news about Cristi! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christopher Wren, HUH? Looks like you had a great time Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such exciting news for Cristi and Chris!! As far as names go, I vote for Khres. Hahaha! Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete