Thursday, July 28, 2011

First Kiss

I took Charlotte to the library on Tuesday for storytime...only it turned out there was no storytime that day. So the other moms and I hung around the huge, hollow (fake) tree in the children's area. I ran into my friend Jennifer and was chatting with her when I noticed that Charlotte had gone into the tree with another little boy. Suddenly the little boy came out of the tree and said something to his mom that I couldn't quite hear. His mom said, "You can't just do that; you have to ask people first!"

Uh-oh...what had happened in the tree? I asked the little boy's mom, and she replied, "He says he kissed her," and pointed to Charlotte, who had emerged from the tree.

Charlie's first kiss! In a tree at the library. And as I told the little boy's mom that Charlotte probably didn't mind, Charlotte proved me right by walking over to the boy and puckering up for another kiss. Oh my goodness...what a little flirt! Apparently Charlotte's daddy is going to have his hands full with this girl!

1 comment:

  1. Well you know very well what kind of germs lurk in that smelly tree...I'm sure the kiss germs were just a drop in the bucket.

    ReplyDelete