Thursday, July 7, 2011

They Got Their Swim Trunks...And Their Flippie-Floppies!

(Seriously, how cute are these flippie-floppies?)







We ventured out to a new place today...Misenheimer Park (for you Mansfield/Arlington folks, it's off Matlock Road kind of right where Mansfield turns into Arlington). I had seen signs for the park but never driven past...I'm so glad one of my mom's friends told us about it, because it's a great little place! There is a small "splash park" area with fountains and such for the kiddos to play around in, and there is also tons of open space and all the traditional "park stuff": swings, slides, etc.


We got Charlotte and Jensen suited up, then my mom and I headed out to meet Uncle Dot there. He arrived before us and sent us the following pic:

(It says that the water feature opens at 10...it was about 9:30.)
Hmmm...I guess I should investigate when places open before driving there! Fortunately for us, a little girl soon arrived who knew that the water features can be turned on by a sensor...she totally schooled us in the ways of the splash park! Once the water was on, the fun began!




Jensen ran right over to the water and stuck his face in it (and of course none of us were the least bit surprised). Charlotte was a bit more cautious, especially after getting smacked in the face with a stream of water. The water turns on and off and also varies in intensity, so we were never quite sure if we were about to get squirted...Uncle Dot and I ended up drenched, but standing in the Texas sun dried us off in about 2.5 seconds!





The highlight of Charlotte's morning was a woman who brought her two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels to the park. Charlotte's face lit up, so I asked the woman if her dogs liked children and whether Charlotte could pet them. It was a good thing the woman answered "yes" to both questions, because in no time at all Charlotte had walked her little self right over to the dogs and bent down to give them a kiss! I wish I had that on camera...such a little sweetie.

But perhaps the best part of the splash park? The record-long naps C & J took this afternoon! I'm seeing several return trips to the splash park in our future!

1 comment: