Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Random Updates

This whole no-morning nap thing has proven to be quite detrimental to my blogging! Here are a few of our recent goings-on:

Going-on #1: I co-hosted a baby shower for my friend Cristi. I may have mentioned this before, but Cristi and her husband Chris's first date took place in 1996 at my parent's house. The date consisted of watching a movie whilst sitting as far away from each other as humanly possible while still sharing the same piece of furniture. And now they're married and having a baby!


Cutest preggo chick ever! I can't wait to meet baby Ellison Grace (who is due two days after my b-day...perhaps she will arrive on the 22nd and share her special day with me!).

Going-on #2: I had a wonderful (but quick) girls' getaway to the Gaylord Texan last week. Cristi, Robin, Kristen, Michelle and I packed up and spent an entire day lounging poolside and drinking strawberry margaritas...yummy!

We didn't take any pics of our poolside lounging, so you'll have to just picture me hanging out here, strawberry margarita in hand. (But if you're picturing me in my swimsuit, do yourself a favor and picture my pre-twins stomach. You're welcome.)

We ate a yummy dinner at Esparza's in Grapevine and had a nice, relaxing night of sleep at the hotel before heading home the next morning. Grandma and Auntie Tammy stepped in to help Brian so that I could enjoy myself with the girls...I'm so thankful for them.

Going-on #3: We had a lovely long weekend for the Fourth of July. We hung around the house on Saturday, then Sunday we took C & J out to Lake Granbury with Brian's family. The kiddos had a great time running amok with their cousins, but the biggest news of the day was that Charlotte only took one 45-minute nap and Jensen didn't nap at all the entire day. This is the first time either of them has gone without napping, and I was shocked at the fact that Jensen was actually in a decent mood all the way until bedtime.

On Monday, my parents watched Charlotte and Jensen at their house so we could have a few friends over for pool time. In our pre-baby days, we did this almost every weekend in the summer...nowadays, not so much. It was really nice getting some of the gang back together for a Monday Funday.

Going-on #4: On one of our morning strolls in the wagon, we came across a squirrel. Jensen loves him some squirrels, so we stopped to take a look. As we watched it, this crazy squirrel stood up and gave us quite the stare-down. I think he was about to bust out some kung-fu moves. I couldn't help but take a picture because it was cracking me up.

(Click on the pic to make it bigger.)

Hey, Squirrel...I used to think you were crazy, but now I can see your nuts! Hahaha.
Going-on #5: The kiddos and I attempted library storytime again, this time with Grandma in tow. Much, much, much better. Partly because we were able to play man-on-man defense with Charlotte and Jensen, but also partly because I remembered snacks this time. Don't get me wrong, Jensen is still a wild man, but he only tried to steal one little girl's sippy cup...compared to last time, I'd call that a raging success!

Going-on #5: I realized tonight that I have zero pics of the kiddos in the bathtub together. Bath time can be a challenge around here...it can be lots of fun or it can be a scream-fest, and it all depends on the mood of our Charlie-Bug. Tonight she was happy so I snapped a few pictures...most contain way too much nakedness for the Internet, but this one sums up bath time pretty well: Jensen splashing wildly while Charlotte tries to avoid getting splashed in the face.


Poor Bug. Perhaps this explains her bath time anxiety? And yes, those are books...even in the bath, my kiddos cannot get enough of being read to. They're definitely my children!

Anyhow, that's a bit of what we've been up to lately...basically just hanging out and trying to avoid this awful heat! Hopefully as I get more and more used to this new nap schedule I won't be such a blog slacker. :)

2 comments:

  1. Are these just standard board books? If they are, you are nuts...if they are waterproof plastic books then you retain your sanity. End of rant.
    BTW, you will love this womans blog
    http://thebloggess.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are waterproof books...bath books about taking baths. Very clever. :)

    ReplyDelete