Thursday, November 10, 2011

I Almost Forgot...

Sometimes, something cool happens that deserves a blog post...and I mean to write one. I really really do. Then, vacations happen and stomach viruses happen and life happens, and the fact that I never did a proper blog post is forgotten until I see a picture that sparks my memory. Here are a few recent happenings that should've definitely gotten some love on the blog but didn't...

1) Knox Turns Two!
Charlotte and Jensen's sweet cousin Knox turned two at the end of August. We went to a fun party at the Little Gym in Dallas:

Birthday Boy (aka Knoxasaurus)!

Such a brave girl (with Papaw's help of course).

Little wild man.

I'm going to go ahead and guesstimate that I spend about 60% of my life wearing this expression. It's my "What-you-are-doing-is-so-awesome-and-exciting-so-please-smile-for-mommy's-camera" face.

 2) Tita Turns 60!
Brian's dad threw his mom an amazing surprise 60th birthday party at the Four Seasons in Las Colinas. It was way too much fun!


Surprise!

Brian and his two gorgeous sisters.

I love my future sister! :)

I love my brother!
I love cake!

And apparently I also love Byron Nelson.

3) Girls' Trip 2011
 Fourth Annual Girls' Trip! This year we hit up the Westin La Cantera just outside San Antonio. It was peaceful, relaxing, fun, there was wine, and can I go back now please???

Pizza and live music al fresco.

Shopping, of course.

Two of the five of us girls were pregnant this year! (And no, one of them was NOT me!)

Love these girls. Even Kim for making us take all these pics!

4) I started...and actually FINISHED...a craft!
This shouldn't be a big deal, but sadly, to craft-challenged me, it is. Presenting my first Pinterest-inspired yarn wreath:


 5) Welcome, Baby Ellison!
My dear friends Chris and Cristi (whom I might have mentioned before had their first date in 9th grade at my house!) welcomed their precious baby girl in September.

Cute little pregnant Cristi at a wedding just a week before having baby Ellison. 

And here she is! Beautiful like her momma!



Charlotte and Jensen went to Ellison's house for a playdate last weekend and we all had lots of fun. Actually, while Jensen seemed to like little Ellison, Charlotte much preferred the Wrens' dog Allie. 

So there you have it...a few very important happenings that deserved a blog post of their own but will just have to share.

2 comments:

  1. Two things:
    1. I am NOT one of the pregnant ones either...just to clarify. ;)
    2. I am so mad at myself for being impulsive and cheap and buying an ugly Wal-Mart wreath after seeing your super cute one! Got some instructions on how to make one of those cute things? If so, do share!
    3. I know I said 2 but I must add...Your babies are super super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Marcy...favorite part was Byron Nelson. I love that she makes you guys pose for these pictures too..you need these memories. Suck it up.

    ReplyDelete