Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Picture Perfect

Lots of family pictures to share! It is absolutely crazy to me what a good photographer can do...not only capture great images but also edit them to perfection. First up are our family pictures from November taken by Paige Walker at the Fort Worth Stockyards:















When I say these pics are edited, I mean they are REALLY edited...in the photo of all four of us, Paige had to take Charlotte's head from another photo and switch it onto the pic you see above. The only time we could get Charlotte to smile was with me tickling her...she was in one of her moods that day and was not enjoying being photographed. But the finished product is great and the recipients of our Christmas cards were none the wiser!

Charlotte and Jensen also got their first school pictures taken! This was quite a while ago and I actually can't remember if I have posted them or not and it turns out I'm too lazy to go back and look. At any rate, here they are:

I love his little finger because I can just picture him sitting there tapping his finger nonchalantly while waiting for them to take his pic.


This was the best one of Charlie...as you can see she was unsure of the picture-taking and the rest of the pictures (that I didn't order) feature her looking downright mad.


And here is the pic of the two of them together. As you can see, Charlotte is getting less and less pleased.

And finally, if you can remember back to last year at this time when we had pictures made with Brian's side of the family, we finally got those back. If you recall, Charlotte was having NONE of the picture-taking (hmmm, notice a theme here?) and was screaming her head off during what was supposed to be the group photo of the kids. Here is a picture that Brian's mom ordered us to commemorate the moment:

That is Charlotte over there by herself. Jensen is mad because Laird was supposed to be holding him up but was apparently too distracted by Charlotte's screaming. I love the looks on all their faces.

So the photographer removed Charlotte from the scene and managed to get a pic of all the kids looking happy. Then he got a pic of Charlotte looking happy by herself. Edit them together and what do you get?

It's just crazy to me that Charlotte wasn't even in this picture at all. The photographer just did some cutting and pasting and there she is in the middle of it all, looking happy as a clam!

Magic, I tell ya. Magic!

2 comments:

  1. Marcy,
    You look so pretty in the pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok..thanks for the heads up on these. I absolutely love the background on these lovely pictures..you guys are just not as perfect as you appear to be. I sure hope Charlie gets over this someday. Great read Marcy, as usual.

    ReplyDelete