Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Necessary Evil

No, make that an ugly necessary evil. Wait, go ahead and add expensive in there, too. Ugly, expensive, necessary evil.

That pretty much describes the new look of our backyard:



Honestly, I never used to "get" pool fences. I was all, "Why would you need a fence around your pool? It's called watching your children, people!" 

(You know that saying, "Everyone is a perfect parent...until they have kids"? I am pretty sure whoever coined that phrase did so with me in mind.)

So, I ate my words (for only about the 367th time since becoming a parent) and we had a pool fence installed yesterday. It actually doesn't look as bad as I thought it would. And look, Charlotte seems to approve!


But as for Bailey? I think she's going to need some convincing.



3 comments:

  1. Totally necessary...it doesn't look bad either! You'll never regret getting it I am sure. Ha- love the perfect parent phrase- it's so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont think it looks bad at all!
    also i TOTALLY remember the picture you were talking about wit hthe gloves. haha. i think i have a copy laying around here too. ahhhh those were the days

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it looks ugly either.

    ReplyDelete