Monday, February 21, 2011

Ouchie!

On Friday, Charlotte was standing between the ottoman and couch when she took a little spill...fortunately, she landed right on her bottom and padded diaper. So when she started to cry, I figured she was just being the drama queen that we all know and love. I picked her up and was walking her around the living room when I noticed blood. After a brief moment of panic during which I didn't know where the blood was coming from, I saw that its source was Charlotte's mouth. Poor baby...I think those sharp chompers must have cut her top lip when she fell!

I was able to get her cleaned up and put her in her highchair for dinner...but instead of the usual veggies, I figured that her first real, blood-drawing ouchie had earned her a popcicle.

Yes, I'd say she looks just fine.


The evidence: Bloody sleeve.

Her mouth kept bleeding off and on for the rest of the evening, but I could never actually see a cut in her mouth. By bedtime the bleeding had stopped and she was a-okay.

The rest of the weekend was uneventful...my dad was out of town so my mom volunteered to come over after we had put the babies to bed so we could enjoy dinner with Nick and Hilari on Friday night and a wedding shower and visit to Jonathan's new house on Saturday night. Thanks, Grandma! :)

So that brings us to the big event that's taking place as I write...Charlotte and Jensen are taking their first nap in separate rooms! I knew this day would come...they had gotten really bad about standing up in their beds and talking to one another, and lately Charlotte has been waking Jensen up from just about every nap, leaving him exhausted and crabby. So we brought over one of the pack 'n' plays from my parents house and set it up in the guest room. Since little Charlie is the one who sleeps best in the pack 'n' play, she has earned herself a new room for nap times!

Okay, not a great pic. But that's her new setup and she's snoozing away!

I was shocked when Charlotte went right to sleep in her new surroundings. Her brother, however, was another story. We all know how much he loves his sis, and I think he is lonely without her. He did fall asleep after about 20 minutes of fussing, and all is currently quiet...let's all knock on wood that it stays that way for at least another hour or so!

1 comment:

  1. There is always at least one laugh in each post Marcy....I may not always laugh at what everyone else does (cause I'm a little warped)...mine was the bloody sleeve.

    ReplyDelete