Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Long Overdue Shout-Out

It's no secret to anyone that I have lots of help with my precious little babies. My mom, in particular, and Charlotte and Jensen's Auntie Tammy are always there when I need them. I have lots of people who help me via phone, as well: I call Brian's sister all the time with questions about what to feed the babies. I called Kim the other day to fret about how wild my little man is. And poor Whitney fields all kinds of twin-related questions and never laughs at me (no matter how dumb the question!).

But there are two people in Charlotte and Jensen's lives who don't get enough press on the blog...but who have been there from day one:


Uncle Dot and Aunt Biff!




My mom loves babies and kids and is great with them. I always joke that those genes bypassed me and went directly to my brother. So it's no surprise that he loves hanging out with Charlotte and Jensen and they absolutely love hanging out with him, too. He often calls and asks if he can come over and play (WARNING: POLITICALLY INCORRECT STATEMENT TO FOLLOW) "midget toss" with the babies (which, as you might have guessed, involves him tossing them into the air).






Aunt Biff is very similar to me...not in a huge rush to have babies (she's young!), and (although she loves babies and kids who are the product of one of her friends or family members) she isn't totally baby-crazy. But from day one, she has loved Charlotte and Jensen and spent so much time with them...if she has a day off work, she calls to ask if she can come over and hang out with us. She feeds babies, burps babies, and changes diapers (even when I tell her she doesn't have to!)...she's a natural.




I feel so fortunate that Uncle Dot and Aunt Biff live so close and are able (and willing) to spend so much time with Charlotte and Jensen. The babies absolutely love when they come over to play! And Brian and I love it, too...they have been a huge help to us so many times over the past nine months. I'm sure Charlotte and Jensen will continue to develop special relationships with their Aunt and Uncle as they grow.

We love you, Uncle Dot and Aunt Biff...even when Uncle Dot gets stuck in our tunnel!






1 comment:

  1. Awwwww....such a sweet post! Way-to-go Uncle Dot and Aunt Biff!!!

    Charlotte and Jensen are growing so fast! I cannot believe it! I need to plan another trip up there!

    ReplyDelete