Sunday, June 12, 2011

Our Weekend & A Spooky House

We had another birthday-filled weekend, and we kicked it off on Friday night with Mexican food at the Wren's house to celebrate Chris's 32nd. I made a yummy batch of sangria and we had a lovely time (as usual) with the Wrens, Samuels and Neitzeys. Here's the only pic (stolen from Hilari):


From early Saturday morning, it was clear that it was going to be one of those days. Charlotte was up at 6:30 (she's usually our late sleeper) and then morning naps came to a screeching halt after less than 45 minutes when Charlie, for reasons still unknown, woke up really mad. But we had birthday party number two to attend, so we loaded up our crabby kids and headed out to celebrate Tate and Savannah's second birthday. It was such a cute party, with little splash pools and a slip-n-slide for the kiddos. I was not at my most prepared and only had swimsuits for half of my duo (Jensen) and swim diapers for neither. Fortunately we got loaners from more prepared parents and C & J were off and running (or splashing).

I didn't take any pictures because Brian and I had our hands really, really full. Sometimes, having twins doesn't seem all that much crazier than having one baby...but sometimes, it seems way more than doubly challenging. This was one of those times...it was a bit hectic. But I was really happy to get to see Tate and Savannah turn two...their mommy has been an unbelievable help to me over the past year and a half! Saturday night we put the kids to bed then met up with Kim, Levi, Niki and Dennis for a quick dinner. 

And now for the spooky house story (which I have no idea why I'm posting on my blog...I just think it's interesting!). Shortly after we moved into our house, the home behind us went up for sale (probably at least three years ago). Asking price: $1.25 million. (It is on over three acres.) The house has just been sitting on the market and going down in price ever since (it's currently down to $675k). I looked out one of our upstairs windows one night and saw that a few of the windows on the house had been boarded up. Curiosity got the best of me, so Brian and I took C & J for a little off-roading in the stroller this morning to check things out.


The gate was open so we strolled on up. First of all, there was a sign on the window that said something like "Warning: This house has been winterized." No idea what that means; perhaps I should do some googling. Then, we made our way to the boarded windows and found that someone had removed one of the boards and the window had been broken:


So I peeked in the window and saw this:
Look closely...someone spray-painted one word, "Leave", on the wall.

Now, I've only seen a couple episodes of that "Designed to Sell" show, but I'm thinking the realtor might want to do a little redecorating if anyone's ever going to set foot in this house, let alone buy it. I am now quite curious as to what the deal is with the house. Brian suspects the the culprits are pot-smoking teenagers, but of course I have far more interesting theories! Anyways, I know that was a completely random spooky-house story, but it's kinda creepy, huh?

2 comments:

  1. Um, seriously. I just got chills all over my body. I'm with you....the practicality of it is more likely, but the sheer eeriness makes me wonder. (Shuddering)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So this is what you are teaching your innocent little children..that its alright to trespass on other peoples property? I know you..you have been searching all the tax records on this house, haven't you?

    ReplyDelete