Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Thousand Words

That's how much they say a picture is worth.



To me, this picture is worth so much more. Because, even though it's not technically a perfect picture, it perfectly illustrates what happens when I try to put Charlotte and Jensen side-by-side to take a picture. Because it shows how Charlotte, always on the move, rolls away in search of adventure...while Jensen, my roly-poly little boy, watches his sister adoringly. Because it shows how Jensen, in an attempt to show Charlotte just how much he loves her, often ends up kicking or poking her...at which point Charlotte (so expressive and dramatic) shrieks and looks up at me as if to say, "Mom! He is bothering me again!" Jensen, undeterred by Charlotte's protests, usually continues to pursue an interaction with her.

To me, this picture is perfect because it captures the relationship (at this point in time) between the two people I love most in this world.


1 comment:

  1. Hahahahah..I can't imagine the times you will be hearing..."mom....he/she is bother me" in the future

    ReplyDelete