Sunday, October 31, 2010

Two Things...

I have recently learned of two things that I think are awesome, so I thought I'd share them with you.

Thing One:  Did you know that you can make your blog into a book? Maybe this is something that everyone but me already knew, but I thought it was pretty cool! I plan on making a book of all the posts I've done about Charlotte and Jensen's first year, but until I saw this, I was envisioning myself spending like a billion hours copying and pasting into Word. Then dragging my frazzled self to Kinko's for some professional binding. So happy to know that won't be the case! Check it out:

http://blogspot.sharedbook.com/blog2print/googleblogger/index.html

Are there more of these websites out there? If so, please fill me in! I like options, ya know?

Thing Two:  I came across a new blog when a friend of mine posted a link to a post on facebook. I think this is kinda making the Internet rounds, so you may have already seen it. There's been a lot of talk about bullying lately. And, even though Charlotte and Jensen are only six months old, I have already commenced worrying about how I would possibly be able to handle anyone bullying my children. But, until I read this, I had never, ever had the following thought: What if MY kids are the bullies?

Anyways. You may not agree with everything she says. But in my opinion, if more parents were like her, the world would probably be a better place. It's a really good read...here's the link:

 http://momastery.blogspot.com/2010/10/mountain-im-willing-to-die-on.html

2 comments:

  1. Well you do have that "biter" in the making. Yes, I'm kidding. Due to the parents these two kids have, I think you will be safe from raising bullies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to learn about the blog book site. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete