Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Pretty as a Picture

I've been holding off on posting our family pictures for a while because we are using a few on our Christmas card...but I can't wait anymore because I think they turned out beautiful. Charlotte and Jensen were on their best behavior that afternoon...of course, it didn't hurt that my mom and Tammy came with us and did their very best baby-entertaining! I'm not kidding, our poor photographer probably went to sleep that night with "Five Little Monkeys" playing on repeat in her head. Anyways, here are a few of my favorites...

The five of us!

I kinda wish Bailey's leash wasn't on, but there was a cat nearby so we didn't have much choice!

I brought that quilt to use in the pictures because it was made by Brian's great-grandmother and given to us by Mema Shelton a few years ago.

Peanut! Yes, I dressed my daughter in a tutu and jean jacket. And striped leggings. I LOVE her little outfit!

I love this one of the four of us.

Me and my girl.

I mean, could she get any cuter??

Happy babies with Daddy!


Bailey is eyeing the cat. I am standing on her leash to prevent her from taking off after it.

The Beware of Dog sign was already on the barn! I'm guessing we are the only family who's asked to take pictures in front of it! We may also be the only family who requested a few pics of just their dog!

Jensen doesn't look like himself in this one, but other than that I love it.

It was really windy that day and her tutu was blowing around...she looks a bit peacock-esque in this one!

Mr. Man was really excited by all the leaves and would not stop trying to put as many of them as possible in his mouth.

So cute, but of course they wouldn't smile at the same time...I think this was toward the end of the day.

Charlotte's shoes were very intriguing.

My man. If you look closely, you can see a few stray long hairs on top of his head...he has a few hairs left from when he was born that never fell out when the rest of his hair did. They are getting ridiculously long but I refuse to cut them. I love that this picture shows them!

Happy boy!

Love this, except little Charlotte's hand up by her face.

I foresee this one hanging in our house. I love it!

This cracks me up because you can just tell how proud she is to be included in the picture...just her and us!

So there you have it! The Shelton family of five, November 2010. Funny story about my outfit: I was, of course, obsessing over what Charlotte and Jensen were going to wear..and, of course, I had no idea what I was going to wear. One day when I was at Old Navy I just grabbed the blue dress from the rack on my way out the door (no trying it on or anything) and hoped for the best. Thank goodness it fit! Anyways, I'm so glad we got pictures made and I'm really happy with how they turned out...I guess we'll give Brian a break from pictures for a little while!

5 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE those! Too cute!! I love the one of Brian with the 2 kids and the one of you and him holding up one baby is way cute! Wait, they are all cute! Love them all- how will you decide?? Jensen's hair cracks me up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them all. Everyone looks so happy and cute. I am taking notes and will bring "baby entertainers" with us next time. Such a beatiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh...those look vaguely familiar...heehee! Just as gorgeous as the first time I saw them! :) You've made some good-lookin babies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful family. Hope your holidays are full of new surprises and beautiful memories..

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOOOK....Geneva showed up!
    Loved them all Marcy...could not have been better. Jensen's hair is just part of his character...very cute.
    You kind of made it sound like you didn't pay for that dress...just walked out the door with it. Nice example to set for your kids.
    Love the one you used for the header.

    ReplyDelete