Sunday, December 12, 2010

Reasons Why Saturday Was a Great Day

1) I tried something new on my morning trip to Starbucks: a peppermint mocha. Yummers!

2) Charlotte pooped. Jensen pooped twice. This is the stuff that makes for a wonderful day because Brian and I have a rule that whoever is holding/feeding the baby who poops has to change the diaper. And guess who was holding the poopy baby during all three poops? I'll give you a clue: it wasn't me! (I guess I should clarify that this was my great day, not Brian's!)

3) Christmas came a bit early for Charlotte and Jensen (and me): My parents very generously got the babies their new, big-kid car seats for Christmas, and they (also very generously) gave them to us early.

Thanks, Grandma and Grandpa!

The next gift was more for ourselves, but we bought Charlotte and Jensen a new stroller. Yes, another one. BOB is awesome and pretty much the best stroller ever, but it is ginormous, weighs a ton, and takes up the entire back of my SUV. Not perfect for running quick errands. So we got a smaller, lighter-weight stroller for me to keep in my car. We took it on a test run at Whole Foods and not only did I not bump into a single person, I didn't knock over any merchandise! That's what I'd consider a successful outing!

4) We went out on Saturday night...like, really out. As in...

We took a limo!
Prom-style pic! The Wrens, the Hugheys, the Sheltons.  


 I wore my Vegas shoes!
And no, Mom, I didn't fall!


We had a fancy dinner at Al Biernat's!

Me, Cristi, and cute pregnant Michelle!


It was delicious! Especially the...

Macaroni and Cheese!

After dinner, we took a limo ride through Highland Park to look at Christmas lights. It was seriously impressive. These people (or should I say their hired help) go all out with the decorations.
I know, this is a terrible picture taken out the window of a moving vehicle. But those are all trees in someone's front yard, and they are all COVERED in lights. I don't think they would be too impressed with my "less is more" approach to decorating!
We didn't get home until 12:30! This is really quite impressive (and practically unheard of) for us these days.


I love those days where it's a perfect mix of friends and family, relaxing at home and going out. Thanks to Cristi (without whose planning skills I would have practically no life!) for putting together such a great evening!

2 comments:

  1. Yes we older women are always going to mention something about you falling in those shoes..just suck it up. When you do fall, be sure to let us know. Looks like you had a great time, I'm jus wondering who had to "get up" with the kids the next morning?
    I liked the diaper story.

    ReplyDelete