Monday, May 23, 2011

Splish Splash!

One of Charlotte and Jensen's birthday gifts from my parents was a sand and water table. I'd seen these at a few friends' houses and thought C & J would love to have one. We busted it out at their birthday party and Mr. Man thought it was pretty much the best thing ever. It's still just a water table at this point (I think they'd probably end up eating their weight in sand), but we got it out again the other day and let the kids (well, Jensen) run wild...

"My...water...table...is....

...AWESOME!"

(This is Jensen's version of the "uh-oh" shrug...he holds one or both hands up by his face and shrieks. Love it.)

As usual, Charlotte and Jensen's different personalities were quite apparent. Charlotte did not share in her brother's enthusiasm for splashing:

"This isn't going to get me dirty, is it?"

"Are you sure I have to stand right next to my crazy brother?"

"He's splashing me...

...and I don't like it!"

"I'm outta here."

"Hey, where'd she go?"

"Oh well...I can have fun without her!"
Yes, he was drenched. And then he found a piece of trash, which was apparently almost as exciting as playing in his water table!
My handsome little troublemaker.

2 comments:

  1. It appears Cailyn taught him well at his b-day party! Fast learner! Summer full of splashing in 4 more days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Charlotte's reaction to all this

    ReplyDelete