Monday, April 11, 2011

An Ordinary Weekend (With a Twist)

On Friday, Brian stayed at home with Charlotte and Jensen while I ventured out to explore my artistic side. Jonathan's girlfriend Tiffany had organized a girls' night out at a new place in Arlington called Painting With a Twist...the idea is to show up, bring your own beverages (and snacks), and an instructor will walk you through creating a painting (everyone paints the same thing). I had my doubts about this...my art skills are severely lacking. (My mom recently found a flip book I made in middle school art class and was laughing hysterically as she showed it to me. I didn't think it was that funny, but whatever.) I was pleasantly surprised to discover that not only was Painting With a Twist really fun (the instructor had a little bell that he would ring periodically, and one of the class rules was that every time you heard the bell ring you had to stop painting and take a drink!) but everyone's paintings turned out really cute...even mine. Of course, it didn't hurt that the instructor had penciled in the basic outline of the picture on our canvases before we arrived!

Before we got started.

Biff and me (and our works of art!). She was totally a bad influence and kept making me laugh...especially when her Audrey Hepburn somehow wound up with a goatee.

A close-up of the finished product...the famous scene from Breakfast at Tiffany's.

So much better than my flip book!

On Saturday, Brian once again was in charge of the babies (such a good daddy!) while I headed to a board of directors meeting for the rescue group. This was definitely not the highlight of my weekend...of course I thought about Bailey the entire time and barely managed to hold it together during the meeting. I drove home feeling like someone had punched me in the stomach. I constantly miss her, but sometimes it hits really hard...and Saturday was definitely one of those days. Hanging out with my sweet babies made me feel a bit better, and after we put them to bed that evening my mom was nice enough to come over and hang out at our house so we could go enjoy a dinner out. Our friend Casey had spent the day taking her last exam for her master's degree, so we joined her, Andrew, Dot and Biff for dinner at a new restaurant in Fort Worth called Hacienda San Miguel.

Let's sum up Hacienda San Miguel very briefly:

Location and drinks = Good
Food = Yummy
Service = Terrible!
Decor = Cute...but missing a little something:


Yes, there is a lone bull missing from the wall decor. And Casey looks a bit guilty. And that's all I'm going to say about that. On that note, Happy Monday, everyone!

 


2 comments:

  1. I think your pictures look great (I did see a pic of all you girls holding up your artwork) I'm glad you explained it. BTW, what was your teacher's name..just curious.
    So Casey was drunk and stole a bull from the decor? Is that what I'm reading between the lines here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What in the world made me think there was pink in this painting???? am I losing it?...nevermind.

    ReplyDelete